Reposted with permission from GO: South Seattle.
Bicycle Sundays – one of South Seattle’s most beloved traditions – are back, and Lake Washington Boulevard between Mount Baker Beach Park and Seward Park will be closed to motorized traffic from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on 14 different Sundays this spring and summer (see list below). Before you head out, take a minute to review our list of bike trail etiquette tips.
Top 12 Bike Trail Etiquette Tips:
1. Show courtesy to other trail users at all times.
2. Use the right side of the trail except when otherwise designated.
3. Always pass on the left.
4. Respect the rights of property owners.
5. Keep dogs on leash (maximum length 8 feet) and remove pet feces from trail.
6. Yield to pedestrians.
7. Give audible warning when passing pedestrians or other bicyclists.
8. Ride at a safe speed. Slow down and form a single file in congested conditions, reduced visibility, and other hazardous conditions.
9. Stay to the right side of the trail except when otherwise designated.
10. Watch for other trail users.
11. Be especially alert when running.
12. Listen for audible signals and allow faster trail users (runners and bicyclists) to pass safely.
Bicycle Sundays 2017:
- May 21, 28
- June 4, 25
- July 2, 9, 16
- August 13, 20, 27
- September 3, 17
Bicycle or walk along Lake Washington Boulevard south of Mount Baker Beach to the entrance to Seward Park.