1. Avoid movies about home buying or home ownership with sleazy realtors and con artists, such as The Money Pit or Glen Gary Glen Ross.
2. Just keep renting — don’t even buy a house. A nationwide survey shows that renters tend to have more time and energy for sex, TV, weekend getaways and dining out.
3. Buy a punching bag and use it vigorously with interchangeable photos of:
- The seller who didn’t accept your offer
- The lender who wouldn’t lend you more money
- The realtor who kept showing you houses you couldn’t afford
4. Bring along a provision of junk food when viewing homes with your realtor to help calm your anxiety about inspections, hidden closing costs, interest rates, etc.
5. Join a gym to shed the weight you’ve gained from stuffing your face with the aforementioned snacks.
6. Find a realtor with psychic powers. Home buying seems to be an area where you may not know what you truly want (like the couple who insisted they wanted a 2,500 square-foot craftsman and ended up happily purchasing an 820-square foot 1940s bungalow).
7. Get a special agent like me on your case, today!